Thursday 30 August 2012

Challenge Accepted..

Hey..

I've started a blog war.. with a girl named Bianca Brown (feel honored Miss Brown.. only the elite make it into my blog) and she was saying how my posts have no point so i told her to give me a topic and I'd wright on that. The topic she gave me was a turtle climbing a telephone pole.. so here it is, told in the form of a story.

So there was turtle, and his name was Sheldon. Now Sheldon had been an under achieving turtle his entire life (he's 2 years old). His parents were always saying he should be more like his brother, Terrance (yes I named the turtle Terrance), who was top in class and everything (I know turtles don't go to school but it's a story okay? Bare with me), he was the best sportsman the school had seen in over 5 years and held the record for the 100m sprint (31 minutes and 2 seconds). Sheldon was none of these things. He was bottom of the class in every subject, didn't do sport at all and definitely didn't run. He was told every day though to be more like Terrance, which (on paper) seemed impossible.

Now, although Terrance was the best at almost everything, there was one achievement he had not completed and this haunted him constantly.
It was said that the 'Chosen One', the turtle who would go down in history and be remembered forever, would be the turtle who climbed 'The Pole' (it was a 10 meter high telephone pole) (yes I know turtles don't climb but that was the poor topic I was given). Terrance longed for the title of  'Chosen One' but try as he might he just couldn't climb the pole.. This gave Sheldon an idea, he was finally going to put all the "Why can't you be more like your brother?" chirps to bed for good. He had formulated a plan and that night, while all the turtles in Rapid City were asleep, he quietly walked to 'The Pole' and started climbing. He climbed up 1 meter, then fell.. He got up again though and climbed up 1 and a half meters.. then fell again. At this point he was exhausted so he fetched a liter of petrol and set the pole alight! (That's an example of anti-climax, and I bet none of you predicted that ending)

If there's one thing we strive for here at Hey.. industries (registered trademark) its unpredictability.
Thank you very much for visiting, call again soon (insert creepy air hostess smile)

This blog is brought to you by Shaun Gunton.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this story (although equally as lame) more than Miss Browns 'Pig Church' story. I didn't see any comments on her blog, so best of luck in the blog war... Oh and....

    FIRST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks Jay. I promise the next one wont be as lame.

    SECOND!!!

    ReplyDelete